Hunkemöller is searching for a passionate and hands-on Garment Technician to strengthen our current team: Do you want to play a key role in developing & delivering products, ensuring consistent fit & quality to our worldwide customers? As a Garment Technician, within our Technical team, you'll set and ensure the product standards that are delivered by our suppliers. Sound like a challenge you're ready to take on? Then read on, this could be the job for you!
Your main tasks & responsibilities will be:
Main area 1: Product fit consistency and quality management
- You'll initiate improvements to both the fit and quality levels of our products and procedures
- In order to create consistency, you'll monitor agreed quality standards and follow up using the Quality Manual (QM) with our suppliers
- If procedures in the Quality Manual are not adhered to, you'll pick up on this and take action using a pro-active and precise approach
- Overall guidelines, standards and fitting sessions will help you to check, report and communicate any necessary changes to our suppliers, ensuring the optimal fit, in line with our signed off blocks
- You'll be accountable and responsible for signing off all fit & pre-production seals, size specs, product quality and product information
- Compliance management is key. You'll ensure all necessary changes are handled and followed up accordingly with all internal and external stakeholders, you'll also manage the technical critical path, in line with the overall business CP
Main area 2: Execution of product fit / quality
- You'll advise our internal design and buying teams, from a technical point of view, in relation to fitting
- You'll organize and manage planning of the fitting days, to ensure all fit samples are in line with current HKM block fits
- You'll ensure all suppliers are testing all products in line with the HKM supplier manual
- During business travel, you'll visit our suppliers in the Far East and check up on quality standards
You are our perfect candidate, if you have:
- A Bachelors-/Masters-/HBO-degree in, fashion and/or clothing and quality control
- Gained at least 2 years' experience in a similar function
- Good knowledge of the English language (spoken & written)
- Knowledge of Cantonese or Mandarin would be from advantage
- Knowledge of MS-Office
- Preferably also knowledge of MS-Illustrator
Hunkemöller is a place for people who have a passion for creating great products and world class service for our customers and colleagues; a place for people to grow, to be future stars, and who want the opportunity to develop both themselves and their teams.
If you want to join our rapidly growing Hunkemöller headquarters team? Please click on 'apply now' to send your resume/CV (in English). Please note that, as we're an internationally successful company, the whole application process will be in English.
If you have any questions, please contact our HR department, Tel-Nr. (0031)35-646 5118.